- Terraces Discussion Email Group receives announcements and also has discussions; any member or subscriber may post a message.
- ITHA Announcements-Only Email Group receives announcements about ITHA events; only ITHA Board members and the webmaster may post an announcement.
- Join either group for timely announcements and inexpensive tickets for the San Francisco Symphony All San Francisco neighborhood concert, usually held in September the day after the SFS gala concert.
- You may belong to either the Terraces Group or to the ITHA Group or to both.
- Each group has well over 100 members. The ITHA Announcements-Only group averages two emails per month. The Terraces Discussion group averages one to two emails per day; however, when there are topics of great interest, the number of emails increases. Daily digest or abridged email is available for the Terraces group, or even no email, read it on the web.
- Our google email groups were begun in 2006.
- Terraces Discussion Email Group
- The Terraces Discussion Email/Google Group (which also receives ITHA announcements) is the place to communicate with your neighbors and keep informed about what's happening
in our area.
- Topics may include activities, events, gardening, history, homes, kids, meetings, neighborhood, neighborhood watch, schools, and other interests.
- See our Contractors & Businesses Page. (You need to sign in to your Google account to view this page.)
- How to join
- To join as a subscriber, respond to an email invitation or email me at rckaris#gmail.com
(replace # with @) and request to be added to the group.
- To join as a member: if you are not using a Gmail account, go to Ingleside Terraces Email Group and create a Google account with your email address and a password. No personal information is requested other than your email address. If you have a Gmail account, you automatically have a Google account. In either case (Gmail or no Gmail), you need to request to be added to the Terraces group to belong to this group.
- There may be a delay before your joining takes effect.
- Using Gmail with two-step verification is highly recommended to help keep our group secure. In gmail, go to Account>Security>2-step verification. When this is used, if anyone tries to access your account using a different computer (or after the cache has been cleared on your computer), google sends a six digit verification code to your phone. A code can also be generated by the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone or tablet. The code must be entered before you can sign in to your gmail account.
- If you are not using a gmail account, you can set up a gmail account (for example, yourname_IT@gmail.com) that automatically forwards the group email to your other email account.
- Joining this email group is limited to residents and homeowners of Ingleside Terraces, San Francisco. You do not have to belong to ITHA.
- Joining this group is free!
- Subscribers and members may send email messages to Terraces@googlegroups.com,
and the messages will automatically be forwarded to all subscribers and members of the group. You may send and receive messages from your email program, you do not have to sign up or sign in to Google groups. Your email address will not show up online. In order to post, you need to use the same email address that you used to join the group.
- Subscribers do not have to have a Google account.
- Only members who have created a Google account can view the online archives and edit their profile.
Members can also view the members list (with hidden email addresses).
- Announcements regarding local businesses, contractors, concerts, benefits, etc., are welcome. Commercial advertising is not accepted. Guidelines for posting
- Your participation is needed to make the group a success.
ITHA Announcements-Only Email Group.
- Notices about ITHA events and meetings are posted to the ITHA Announcements-Only Email/Google Group as well as to the Terraces Group. Only ITHA Board members and the webmaster may post to the ITHA group. Recipients are not able to respond to the ITHA Group.
- How to join
- For the ITHA Announcements Group, we add all email addresses that we have for those who do not belong to the Terraces Group. You may unsubscribe from this group. If you have not been added to this group but would like to join, email me at rckaris#gmail.com (replace # with @) and request to be added to the group.
- To join as a member, you need to go to ITHA Email Group and create a Google account with your email address and a password.
- Both subscribers and members receive email messages from the ITHA group.
- Only members who have created a Google account can view the online archives and edit their profile. (There is more information in the Terraces online archives than in the ITHA archives.) Only ITHA Board members and the webmaster can view the members list.